Gravity Defying Cross Country Rocket Ship. The all-new Mach 4 SL is designed to let World Cup level athletes capitalize on every inch of increasingly technical courses and generate speed where others hesitate. Our engineers have pushed the boundaries in every conceivable metric of cross country performance. It’s the lightest, fastest 100mm travel XC race bike we’ve ever developed. Go ahead, turn yourself inside out and leave it all out on the race course because the new Mach 4 SL leaves nothing on the table.
Cross country racers know that every gram counts. Pivot’s engineers didn’t set out to cut a few grams – they insisted on slashing hundreds. Starting at 1930 grams (including shock), the Mach 4 SL takes a front row seat in the ultralight full suspension category and has the best stiffness to weight ratios we’ve ever created. The new Mach 4SL is over 300 grams lighter than its feathery predecessor, the Mach 429 SL - that’s ¾ of a pound!
The shock layout may be different, but the 100mm travel dw-link® suspension keeps its legendary and familiar ride qualities: ultimate pedaling efficiency, reactive to impacts under power, and fully active while braking – its everything you want in an XC race suspension system. New metric shock with size specifc tunes provide more support, control, and speed than ever before.
The Mach 4 SL frame features full Fox Live Valve integration for next level cross country suspension. Live Valve’s electronically activated suspension system senses impacts and knows when you’re climbing or descending. It reacts to the terrain 100 times faster than the blink of an eye, so you never feel the system actuating; the suspension is just perfect all the time. The system automatically activates tens of thousands of times during a race or ride for the ultimate in pedaling efficiency and control in rough terrain without any rider input. Plus, five different settings ranging from Pro level World Cup firm to trail riding plush are a mere push of a button away. The efficiency benefits are undeniable, and the speed gained on every part of the course is truly mind-blowing.
Technical features and dropper posts are now a common part of World Cup cross country racing, so geometry needs have evolved. The Mach 4 SL comes with a slacker head angle, longer reach and shorter stays for a whole new feel and confidence on fast, tricky descents. What was formerly sketchy, steep and nervous is now stable, planted and responsive - traits that cut precious seconds off lap times and save energy for that final sprint to the line. What’s more, the new school geometry also lets this cross-country race bike flirt with trail bike versatility outside of the course tape. If fast is fun, this might be the most exciting bike we’ve ever made.
- Frame weight starting at 1845 grams (4.0 lb.) and 20.9 lb. (9.4kg) complete - (size medium with XTR World Cup Build)
- 100mm of renowned dw-link® suspension tuned for XC race and trail performance
- Designed to work with 100-120mm travel forks
- Full Fox Live Valve integration
- World Cup caliber full carbon frame featuring leading edge materials and Pivot’s proprietary Hollow Core Internal Molding Technology
- Progressive XC geometry for the most demanding World Cup courses
- 29-inch wheels for the fastest laps and superior rollover in technical terrain
- Full length internal cable routing via Pivot’s exclusive, easy-to-maintain Cable Port System
- Internal dropper post compatible
- Large water bottle fits inside all size frames – even XS – XL frame fits 2 bottles inside the front triangle
- Lightweight, cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings
- Fox Kashima Factory shock, custom-tuned specifically for the Mach 4 SL
- Highly durable frame and swingarm protection
- Boost™ 12 x 148mm rear spacing
- Available in sizes XS, S, M, L, XL for riders between 4'10" and 6'7"
PRO XT 12 SPEED SPECS
BUILD KIT OPTIONS
Subscribe to get info on our weekly events and hot products!